We know you are excited about the thought of getting a bully. But before you make this decision, we ask that you have done the following:
- Spoken with all members of your household and come to mutual agreement.
- Discussed the new addition with your home owner's association or landlord if applicable.
- Check our Adoption Area Map. If you are not within our radius, we're sorry, but at this time, we won't be able to place in your home.
- Save up! Bullies are not an inexpensive breed and having a solid savings account that has an emergency fund is essential.
Before moving forward with your application, please read the 8 Principles of Rescue in its entirety. Questions within the application will refer back to this information.
Read the 8 Principles of Rescue:
Copyright 2020. Chicago English Bulldog Rescue, Inc. All rights reserved.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, WE ARE PRIORITIZING NEW APPLICATIONS PER THE BELOW. ADDITIONALLY THE PROCESS WILL LIKELY TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS (TO MONTHS). PLEASE BE AWARE IN ADVANCE OF APPLYING.
IMPORTANT BASIC CRITERIA:
OUR CURRENT PRIORITY FOR PROCESSING APPLICATIONS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- #2: Homes with prior bulldog experience
- #3: Homes with prior dog rescue experience (and exceptional qualifications)
- #4: Homes without existing dogs (we have many dogs that need to be "the only)
- #5: Applicants that will accept a mature bulldog (5+ years gets bumped up in line, 8 years or older gets bumped up even more quickly)